How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Camden
Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a display that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras arrive armed with an array of additions all designed to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in Camden.
How To Set Up Your Camden Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is placing them in the best places within your house. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a good notion to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should afford a clear scene of your patio, drive, front and yards, shed, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas around your house that are less important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom can reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in getting the most from home security cameras in Camden. The features described below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your mobile device anytime abnormal activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when activity is discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to record and store clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with people via the camera. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive view of an area. Look for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can produce footage of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the flexibility to secure specific areas within your house.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely alerts when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Camden is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security rises from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (856) 259-5771 or fill out the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.