Modern home security installations are becoming more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to forget to perform basic security tasks like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Camden, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Camden For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your house, which you may customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your cell phone to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all components onto a single network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you move beyond the boundary.
For example, shortly after you exit your property, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Below are several of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Camden. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific components engage in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan when a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for a movie marathon with specific lighting and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Camden
Whether you’re looking for extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (856) 259-5771 or complete the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.